Phoenix Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix Forums

The home of the Ogame Universe 31 Phoenix Alliance.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I had a question regarding defense

Go down 
+4
xtxmanx
Giantredmonkey
Firestorm
underverse
8 posters
AuthorMessage
underverse

I had a question regarding defense Empty
PostSubject: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:04 am

I am not too keen on building too much defense. For example building like 10k RL and 10k LL and so on and so fourth. I wouldn't mind having a single system with turtle like defense, but only one.

But I do like my defense to be a pain in the ass. So I was thinking lets say you've got a small defense, but you build like 10-30 plasma turrets on it.

How is that defense perceived? Is it wise to do such a thing?

example:
250 RL
250 LL
100 HL
50 GC
25 PT

I want a defense that is breakable, with a small - average fleet, but not easy enough to get farmed. So that players do attack it when I put a nice bait, in order for me to crash their fleet when they get to my planet.
Back to top Go down
Firestorm

Firestorm

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:44 am

hmm, yeah, those plasmas are gonna be sary to attack, you'd have to have a big fleet to make that worthwile, watch out for IPMs though, ppl will try to nuke your plasmas down
Back to top Go down
Giantredmonkey
Admin
Giantredmonkey

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm

id also suggest much more fodder. the light lasers and rockets are what make the plasmas effective.
Back to top Go down
xtxmanx

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 pm

he doesnt want effect though, he wants it to look crackable
i say lower the pt and add more gauss
Back to top Go down
Instigata4

Instigata4

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:40 pm

yea, plasmas turn away fleeters, if you want something that will attract a fleet, only have a max of like 3-5 PTs. more fodder means more ships are needed to break through before the 5 turns are up, and more RL means more cruisers which are easier to crash Razz LL attract dessies, HL attract bombers. guasses are definably the best thing to do, they break bombers rapid fire while killing any LF or cargos the attacker sends
Back to top Go down
Virus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:10 pm

Undy, without rl and ll, your pts die out fast.

And make those abms. Especially if you're in range of snake doctor.
Back to top Go down
https://phoenixhome.forumotion.com
gem375

gem375

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:47 pm

i would only build enough defense on your planet to protect res that will be mined while you're away, then get a moon, and when you get probed on it, move the fleet but not res away. Then you can get a good number of cargoes coming at you to kill.

just what i would do/what im doing. feel free to ignore or it or whatever
Back to top Go down
Aura

Aura

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah those PT's do seem like a little too much if you want it to look crackable.
Gauss are really good though, they always get in my way if theres more than 50.
Back to top Go down
Giantredmonkey
Admin
Giantredmonkey

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:23 pm

i want 150 when all my goofy nanites are done

6 left!!!
Back to top Go down
Instigata4

Instigata4

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:35 am

lol omg grm, haha i wouldnt dare attack you Razz
Back to top Go down
Giantredmonkey
Admin
Giantredmonkey

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 am

hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had a question regarding defense   I had a question regarding defense Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had a question regarding defense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phoenix Forums :: General Area :: General Discussion-
Jump to: